Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where is your faith ?!!

"{8:22} Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went
into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us
go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched
forth. {8:23} But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there
came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were
filled [with water,] and were in jeopardy. {8:24} And they
came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we
perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging
of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. {8:25}
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being
afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of
man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water,
and they obey him."
Luke 8:22-25


"Let us go over unto the other side of the lake".
I was wondering why did Jesus ask them to go to the other side ?
Why do God permit for changes to happen ...stability to be taken away ...to leave our comfort zone...
Frankly speaking I am suffering from changes in my life these days ...I am not in a comfort zone and I can't adapt to new changes!!

"But as they sailed he fell asleep"
Why did the Master fall asleep ??!!
I wonder if the disciples were too busy in sailing and managing the boat that they forgot to talk with the Master and hear His teachings !!
Did they depend on their own strength and knowledge in sailing the boat that they forgot about His presence ?!
I do face the same issue...these days I am sailing to a new phase in my life and I just forgot about God's presence to the extent that I totally depended on my knowledge and strength !!

"there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled [with water,] and were in jeopardy"
Not only did they depend on their knowledge and strength at the normal time but also at the time of the storm...they were too busy trying to survive the storm and reach the shore with their wisdom as experienced sailors and fishermen...it really took them some time because they kept trying till the boat was filled with water !!!
I can't blame them as I do the same in my life...during the hard times I try to seek others help...others advice...use my own knowledge and strength ....do ANYTHING but seek to wake the Master...it takes me sometime to realize that my boat is filled and that I have only but one refugee !!

"And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish !!"
Ok here is the good part...finally they realized that they can't depend on their power...it is the Master who asked them to cross to the other side then it is the Master who should lead their path...
"We Perish" ...I believe that when the disciples woke Jesus it sounded more like " Hey Master....don't you feel that we are dying....Why have you been asleep while we were fighting the storm...why haven't You done something ?!!!"
The disciples did choose the right expression to express their fears and weakness...
Sometimes I don't even see that the Master is there for me...I just accuse Him of abandoning me in the midst of the storm...simply He is asleep and waiting for me to scream and wake Him up !!!

"Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm."
This is simply the miraculous Jesus !!
Everything I see as IMPOSSIBLE is simply POSSIBLE !!
He just rebuked the wind...as if He was rebuking a person under His authority !!
Many times I do wish that this part happens in my life at the first verse !!
I wish that Jesus comes and rebukes all the problems and storms I have in my life and then everything is calm from the start ....
Sometimes I do ask God "Why haven't you come earlier and solved this ?!!"
I stand speechless and really can't find an answer to this question ...

"And he said unto them, Where is your faith?!"
This verse really touches me ...
Jesus was amazed how could the disciples forget the miracles He had made with them before ?!!
If the disciples forgot that and had little faith at the hard times...then how will I react ?!!
I am afraid that many times I hold faith in my life as a theoretical teaching but when it comes to the real test and the stormy dark times , all this faith is gone !!
Jesus is asking every one of us...."Do you believe in me...if yes then where is you faith practically ?!!"

No comments: