Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Masks....

Masks...that is ma life now

A mask I wear in the morning before goin to work
I have to be always smiling , always cheerful, always helpful....
I am down ...I am depressed
But...
I wear that mask...hiding the tears of a broken heart underneath and showing the smiley face on that masked face

A mask I wear in the morning before goin to church
I have to be always humble , always obedient , always kind......
I am not a saint....I am not an angel...
But....
I wear that mask....hiding all ma sins and iniquities.....showing the outer shape of an angel.....

Who am I ?!!
I wonder if I stopped wearing these masks how will it go ..??!!
How will it be ....
without the masks !!

1 comment:

Unsaid said...

I wish I could tell you it's not true, but it is.

I wish you could just be you, be there, the mask is a ghost of you. You're there but you're somewhere else.