Sunday, November 23, 2008

I need a friend ...

Dear God,

Maybe it has been a while since we last talked about this issue
I know that when I will ask you “Can you give me a friend, I need a friend …”
You will look from up above with that smile asking “Don‘t you already have enough friends??!!”
Maybe it is not like that
I know that you blessed me beyond what I needed ….
You made me a multitalented free spirit …
But…this issue is annoying me!!!
Maybe it is so minor for you
I try to ignore it ….
But it comes and goes like waves…
I feel so lonely sometimes
God…It is so hard to be the person who gives care, love, support while when these are needed it is difficult to have them!!
I do have special persons in my life
But what makes it harder is that I can’t find the same love, care and support from these special persons!!
For them I am always there to help, care, love, support …
But when I am down …
I find no one there!!
I can’t blame them because they have many issues that make them incapable of performing their role in the friendship, yet they are special and I can’t stop loving or caring or supporting them….a Dilemma, isn’t it??!!
It just hurts when I need them and they are not there, or they just can’t be there!!
I need a friend who can lead me to you …
I need a friend who comes to me when I am down and whispers “let’s go have a talk with Jesus …!”
I need a friend who can lift me up when I am weak and show me the real meaning of what true Christian fellowship is!!
I had that friend before …You sent him before!!!
Now that friend is gone
I feel so tired and weak that I can’t support or love or care anymore
I am beginning to feel that I am doing this as duty not out of a loving heart!!
I know that You are the source of all love and support BUT really I need that human touch!!
You did give me that true friend before
I need one again!!
I know that this phase is a part of your plan …
I know that I lack emotional and spiritual maturity and you are trying to build these in me!!
I don’t like complaining and You know that!!
I am just talking with You because I don’t have anyone else to talk with
I am sure you are hearing me ….
No need to remind you that “He who promised is faithful!!” Hebrews 10
I love you …
I fully trust your plan...
I am waiting on you Lord …!!

Yours
A free spirit !!

No comments: